October 31, 2005
The Master Genealogist v6.05 is now available from Wholly Genes, Software. The Master Genealogist (TMG) is a Windows genealogy application. Version 6.05 is free for existing customers, but it does require v6.00 of TMG. To install the update, from within TMG 6.0+, select the “Help” menu and then select “Check for an update”, or you can select the “Check for a Program Update” option from the TMG’s Start Menu grouping. The update will then install, and a restart of TMG will be required.
* Tag Entry – A warning now occurs if, when saving the Tag Entry screen, the style assignment for an existing place could be changed.
* GEDCOM export – The links for most external exhibit types directly supported by the Exhibit Log, including text files and PNG files, will be exported to GEDCOM.
* Slideshow Manager – When an exhibit is added to the SSM from the Exhibit Log, the text in the Caption field will be copied to the Description field of the slideshow frame.
* DNA Log – The Relative Genetics templates and URLs were updated. Relative Genetics has added markers for all three or their tests. If you have recorded Relative Genetics data, you need to check to make sure that the data is recorded in the correct fields.
October 31, 2005
Issue 2005, number 14 (30 October 2005) of the Wholly Genes Newsletter is now available. This newsletter covers the following items:
* TMG (The Master Genealogist) v6.05 is now available
* Fall Sale continues – Several products are 15%-20% off, including The Master Genealogist trainging videos. The sale ends 13 Novemer 2005.
* TMG Companion products – information on The Master Genealogist companion products such as Second Site and GenSmarts.
* Wholly Genes online chat – this is an online chat with Wholly Genes representatives and TMG users, and is scheduled for Saturday, 19 November 2005, at 2pm EDT and again at 11pm EDT.
* How to reach us – Information on how to contact Wholly Genes.
October 29, 2005
More information from the developers:
In contrast with the Live CD, this disk allows permanent installation of Linux and genealogical software on your computer’s hard drive. This way you achieve adequate speed and the ability to save your data, and can do real work with your Linux software. In particular, it makes a perfect gift for genealogists who want to work on Linux.
This disc contains a complete Ubuntu installer and, in addition to the regular Breezy, features pre-installed GRAMPS, GeneWeb, and LifeLines applications, as well as GraphViz program to draw pretty graphs in GRAMPS. Everything is similar to the Live CD, except that this is a permanent setup.
To download the CD image, please refer to the bottom of this page (gramps-project.org) for both ftp/http and Bittorent downloads. The Linux Genealogy Live CD was reviewed a few weeks ago at Eastman’s Online Genealogy Newsletter.