June 21, 2007
Brother’s Keeper saw a nice update earlier this month – version 6.2.48 that handles latitude and longitude in GEDCOM files. Brother’s Keeper is a Windows genealogy application, $45 for new users, $20 for upgrades. It has a strong emphasis on charts and reports.
* You can export/import latitude and longitude to/from gedcom files. The latitude and longitude fields are extra fields for each location when you double click a location name on the Edit screen.
* In addition to the fix in 6.2.47 for alphabetical listing, it also fixes the problem if the husband has an alternate name and the wife has only the first name.
* The French translation now has “Evenement” instead of “Inventaire Apres Deces”. If you want “Inventaire Apres Deces” then add it as a custom event name.
* Fixed a bug regarding making a Register book with pictures and sending it to an RTF file for Word. In the special case where you have a child that has a picture, but has no events, you would sometimes get an error loading the RTF into Word that said “the document name or path is not valid.”
May 12, 2006
Brother’s Keeper version 6.2.18 is available. Brother’s Keeper is a popular Windows genealogy application, and version 6.2.18 is a free upgrade fore previous Brother’s Keeper 6.x users. If you already have BK installed on your PC, check the “Help” and then “About” menus to see what version you have. This update fixes a problem from 6.2.17, and changes how Event notes are printed in Book reports/Group sheets.
- Fixed a problem in the 6.2.17 version in the Quality check where an Overflow error could occur sometimes with a very large database.
- If you pick the option to select only certain Notes to print on the Book reports or the Group sheets, and if you ask for Event Notes also, then it will also print the Event notes that match the same selection.
April 26, 2006
Brother’s Keeper version 6.2.17 came out yesterday. Brother’s Keeper is a Windows genealogy application, and this is a free update for existing Brother’s Keeper 6.x users. If you already have BK installed on your PC, check the “Help” and then “About” menus to see what version you have. This update consisted of three fixes and a change/update for Brazillian users.
- Fixed a problem where if a person had more than one spouse, and if you had a Family Note attached to one couple, then you changed to another spouse and added another Note, it would sometimes duplicate the same Note for both spouses.
- Sometimes on the Book reports, in the Norwegian version, if a couple was set up with a Common Law marriage, it would print the word “med” twice.
- When printing the Ahnentafel Book report, if you selected the option to have Notes printed with a blank line before and after each note, it was printing too many blank lines after.
- The Backup routine will also work with Windows XP Brazilian version.