May 17, 2006
Clooz 2.0 is now available (has been available actually). One major change – it now requires Windows XP (because it was rewritten in Visual Basic .Net). This is a very significant update to this genealogy helper application.
Clooz, in the words of the developer:
Clooz is a database for systematically organizing and storing all of the clues to your ancestry that you have been collecting over the years.
This is NOT another genealogy program! It is an electronic filing cabinet that assists you with search and retrieval of important facts you have found during the ancestor hunt.
Among the Changes:
- Several new templates (various census/schedules)
- Tax Records, Irish Tithe Applotments, and Voters’ Lists have been added as census substitutes
- Birth Records, Deeds, Marriage Records, Naturalization, Passenger List – Early, Passenger List – Later, and SSDI have been added to documents.
- Maps have been added
- The source templates are designed following the writings of Elizabeth Shown Mills in her book Evidence!
- There is a Research Log.
- In addition to your People list, you will be able to add businesses to a Business list.
- There is a Building form that you can use to document house histories.
- GEDCOM import
- Works directly with Legacy Family Tree