Clooz 2.0 is entering it’s final beta testing phase, and they are looking for beta testers. As you’ll recall, Clooz is is a database for systematically organizing and storing all of the clues to your ancestry that you have been collecting over the years. This is NOT another genealogy program! It is an electronic filing cabinet that assists you with search and retrieval of important facts you have found during the ancestor hunt.
The beta test is free, and this is a good chance to provide feedback on an application many of us use, as well as to get a look at what’s to come. The current beta runs through April 15, 2006 and will stop working after that. They remind you that you should just test the program rather than start doing your data entry as the program still is in beta testing.
New Features in Version 2.0:
* A lot of new templates for new census and schedule databases
* Census “substitutes” including voter lists and tax records
* New document types, including:
- * Birth Record
* Marriage Record
* Passenger List, Early
* Passenger List, Later
* Entries for maps
* Research Log
* Source templates that follow standardized genealogy documentation methods
* Business/Business list records
* Building form to document house histories
* Legacy Family Tree database support
* GEDCOM Import
Now they say it requires Windows XP or Windows 2003 because it was reprogrammed in .Net, however I’m hoping there will be support for 98/2000. As we find out more information, we’ll let you know.