We recently came across an open-source online genealogy application, GeneoTree (less than a week ago), and now a major update has been released. GeneoTree is now at version 2.0. It’s main homepage is located at GeneoTree.sourceforge.net, it requires PHP and MySQL, and is based on using GEDCOM data files. You can view screenshots here (check out the neat PDF Report screenshot).
Developer’s Description: Genealogy Software. Geneotree is a gedcom files PHP viewer. It is a complete software with original features as consanguinity lists, cousins’ lists, dynamic trees, prize list or PDF Reports. Optimized ergonomics, no seizure, only clicks.
GeneoTree can be downloaded here (sourceforge.net).
New management of GeneoTree Base
– add a administration page
– protect the administration page by a password
– delete base in administration page
– better display of gedcom files and bases on a same line
New User Features
– ascendant tree PDF report : implex and unkown father management
– ascendant tree PDF report : display 6th generation existence
– home : ajout des preferences
– home : predisplay browser language
– preferences : add 5 themes
– chargement gedcom : translate messages
– last name and places list : shorter
– gedcom upload : truncate first caracter of place, when one comma in first