The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding version 5.0.2 has been released by Darrin Lythgoe. The Next Generation of Genealogy SitebuildingÂ© (“TNG”) is a powerful way to manage and display your genealogy data on the Internet, all without generating a single page of HTML. Instead, your information is stored in MySQL database tables and dynamically displayed in attractive fashion with PHP (a scripting language). This release is almost all bug fixes. It’s advised that if your using 5.0 or 5.0.1, that you update your TNG setup to this.
Darrin’s Note: This update is nearly 100% comprised of bug fixes. Here’s the rundown,
which is also available on the downloads page:
- * Cemeteries in Admin/Cemeteries are now sorted alphabetically by cemetery, city, county, state and country.
* Under Modify Existing Place, option to “Make this change in existing events” was not working (fixed).
* Tabs did not work in Nuke environments unless tab style and images were moved to main Nuke folder (fixed, no longer necessary).
* The “Delete Selected” option for photos and histories did not work (fixed).
* Photos linked to living individuals were visible when linked to sources (fixed).
* New home page did not contain link for “Browse Documents” (fixed).
* Exporting a GEDCOM with photo links while leaving the “local path” fields blank did not strip the photo path down to the file name as indicated in the Help (fixed).
* Notes did not import correctly (fixed; introduced in 5.0.1).
* Month string inside “Last Modified” date was not translated when language switched (fixed).
* Marriage and other family events were not included when searching events for matching places (fixed).
* A few assorted links did not work under Nuke (fixed).
* The “Living” criteria option was misrepresented in the report generator (fixed).
* History links imported in a GEDCOM were also showing up in the Photos table (fixed).
* GEDCOM import will now find images under the 1 IMAGE tag as well as 1 OBJE.
* Advanced Search page was not screening out records for living people if search was done on any of the custom event types (fixed).
* The “Server Time Offset” value was not being recognized (fixed).
* Branch field in People and Families records was not long enough to contain more than 2 or 3 branches (fixed; will now contain about 10 or more).
* Forward slashes have been stripped from cookie names.
* Branch “Append” feature was not checking to see if the new branch was already there before appending (fixed).
* Clearing labels for a branch would clear all labels for all branches (fixed).
* Users assigned to a branch could create individuals in the base tree with no branch, then were not able to edit the new record (fixed; users assigned to a branch can only add and edit within that branch).
* Source default photos were still being created using the non-database method (fixed).
* Citations screen could not handle citation titles containing apostrophes or single quotes (fixed; now will not be able to handle double quotes).
* Users assigned to a branch had rights to edit their tree and add/edit/delete branches (fixed).
* RSS page did not handle Documents (fixed).
* Dates & Anniversaries page was not passing event type to next page if more than max display events existed (fixed).
* Tentative Edit feature didn’t work with Nuke due to conflict with $user variable (fixed).
* More issues with alternate character sets and e-mail messages resolved.
* Users assigned to a branch were able to edit places and have the changes propagated to all events throughout the tree (fixed).
* Phantom family group links were being displayed on the family group sheet for individuals who had no parents listed (fixed).
* Place searches failed when multiple tables were linked together (fixed).
* Parents on family group sheet where missing the LDS Sealed to Parents field (fixed).
* Number of branches visible on New/Edit Person and Family pages will now be equal to the number of branches available (up to 5).
* Multiple person or family delete did not work (fixed).
A note on database changes for this update (From Darrin Lythgoe): When you run the dbupdate script, you may see a few “failed or done previously” messages, especially if you’re coming from 5.0.0 or 5.0.1. Don’t worry about them. They just mean that some of the items are already complete. They exist here to ensure full coverage.