The Next Generation of Genealogy Sitebuilding 5.0.3 is now available (from the TNG downloads page if your a registered users). The Next Generation of Genealogy SitebuildingÂ© (“TNG”) is a powerful way to manage and display your genealogy data on the Internet, all without generating a single page of HTML. Instead, your information is stored in MySQL database tables and dynamically displayed in attractive fashion with PHP (a scripting language).
This is mostly bug fixes, with improved support for Firefox users.
- 1. The “Tentative Edit” and “Allow LDS” user rights were not restricted to assigned branches (where applicable; fixed).
2. Users could not be assigned to a branch if no people had yet received that branch label (fixed).
3. Person and Family IDs for new records were not being automatically generated when the New Person/New Family pages were loaded (fixed).
4. Citations attached to the LDS Sealed to Parents event were not being displayed (fixed).
5. Source citations immediately following notes in a GEDCOM file were being incorrectly assigned to those notes on import (fixed).
6. Names for the username and password fields on the Admin login page were changed to “tngusername” and “tngpassword” sonthat Firefox would not automatically plug the admin login into every new user created or existing user edited.
7. Marriages between a living and a deceased spouse were being shown on the Register page without proper rights if the deceased spouse came second on the page (fixed).
8. Messages “photo available” and “history available” were not translatable (fixed, requires translation from English in all languages).
9. Hidden feature allows you to control the number of leading zeros in imported IDs (see top of admin/gedimport_misc.php).
10. “Repeat last search” did not work on Admin/Places (fixed).
11. Photos and thumbnails for living individuals were not being displayed if election was made to always show living data (fixed).
12. Add New User and Modify Existing User pages rearranged to remove ambiguities.
13. Total “Histories and Documents” on Statistics page did not include v5 “documents” (fixed).
14. Logout was not working properly, due to bug introduced in 5.0.2 (fixed).
15. Import “Append” feature was not working as of 5.0 (fixed).
16. Field length for Custom Event “Type” was not long enough (lengthened to 90 characters).
17. Notes were not being renumbered on import with “Append” feature (fixed).
18. Different MySQL concatenation function now used (CONCAT_WS instead of CONCAT) when gluing name parts together.
19. E-mail addresses with a period after the first character were not being validated (fixed).
Note from Darrin: One of the changes required two new messages to be added to the text.php file, so if you’re supporting multiple languages, you may want to get the new language files. The messages haven’t been translated to any language besides
English yet, and they’re only used as “tool tips” for a few minor images, so you don’t need to make it a high priority.