The Master Genealogist 6.0.2 (whollygenes.com) is now available. From their website:
The Master Genealogist (or “TMG”) v6 is the gold standard in family history software. Used by novices and professional researchers alike, the latest version reinforces TMG’s reputation as the most powerful family history project manager on the market while adding many new features to make it easy and fun to use.
This free update includes a collection of bug fixes and new features. Some of the new features include disabling many prompts and warnings from the prompt, rather than going into Preferences, increased functionality in the Tag Entry citations window concerning citations, and new right-click menu options in the memo fields.
- * Many prompts and warnings can now be disabled from the prompt without the need to go to Preferences.
* The font size for prompts and warnings can now be adjusted on the Other tab in Preferences. The default size is 8 points.
* A right-click menu has been added to the Tag Entry citations window that will add or remove exclusion marks to citations without opening the Citation screen, and without adding the citation to the repeat list.
* The Preferences settings for List and Project Explorer fonts and font sizes are now all stored in the layout files. After installing v6.02.000, you need to resave (overwrite) your layouts to add the font settings to the layout files.
* The memo seen on the Data Set Manager screen is now read-only. To edit the data set memo, click the [Edit] button.
* Memo fields with formatting options now have two new right-click menu options.
- 1) ‘Show no codes’ expands the memo to a read-only window showing no formatting or formatting codes.
2) ‘Show formatting codes’ reveals all formatting codes and lets you find any case of unbalanced codes. ‘Apply formatting codes’ returns the memo display to the normal state of showing any formatting that has been applied.
- * Changing flags whether directly or by using the List of People or List of Events reports took an excessive amount of time.
* After project merge, the event tags didn’t display in the data set that had just been merged into the target project until you close and reopen the project.
* When merging two persons with the language set to German, with the split screen display, the labels for the Father-bio and Mother-bio were not translated.
* The text on the Data Set Merge screen was revised.
* Data set merge could result in two primary source types.
* The status bar didn’t align correctly when using Normal display fonts.
* Ctrl+S and the Spell Checker option on the Edit menu did not work in Memos.
* The CTRL+F12 shortcut to open the Exhibit Log did not work from the Tag Entry memo field.
* There was a painting issue in the memo field when the tag Entry screen was maximized and then restored down.
* In HTML output, the apostrophe character (” ‘ “) occurring in text was being translated to “‘”.
* Research Log. When you selected a task, the subject line on the right was not correctly reflecting the focus of the task.
* The position of the cursor after inserting a TAB in a memo was incorrect.
* Formatting corrections were made to the Electronically Published Paper (Previously Published in Hard Copy) and Electronic File (Listserve Message) source types.
* Generations import. Blank Birth, Death and Burial tags were being created.
* GEDCOM import. In some cases, the primary surname was not being correctly inferred for names with only a given name.
* UFT import. Some adjustments were made in custom name tags and their translations.
* When switching to a new project and immediately opening the Expanded Picklist, the Picklist would disappear leaving the program menus disabled.
* The Backup Customizations filename contained Tmg5 rather than Tmg6.
* The program couldn’t be closed from the minimized state when there was a save layout or backup project prompt pending.
* Accent. Accents based on “Is not an Ancestor” or “Descendant of ID #” didn’t work.
* DNA Log. Fixed several navigation issues.
* DNA Fingerprints. Made some field length adjustments.
* It is no longer possible to reorder exhibits in an locked data set.
* Items retrieved using F2 were not being added to the F3 repeat list.
* When adding a citation using the F3 repeat key, you had to press F3 twice.
* Double-clicking or selecting [View] on the a DNA Fingerprint brought up the last DNA Fingerprint that was being edited.
* If a tag had its type changed using the Tag Entry screen, the roles of witnesses remained even if the roles did not exist in the new tag type.
* Under specific circumstances, witnesses from a previous edit were duplicated or added to a new tag without user input.
* Add Person Screen
- – Adjustments to the screen column widths were not saved.
– Blank lines appeared on the screen after modifying the template.
– Place date ranges were ignored and appropriate warnings didn’t occur.
– If you add a husband or wife and fail to enter a surety for the
Marriage tag, you did not get a prompt for sureties when you saved.
* The “last viewed spouse” logic as applied in the Children and Siblings windows failed when the current “last viewed” spouse was edited and was no longer a spouse of that person.
* If you sort the roles in a tag type such that custom roles appear before the default Principal role, the display of sentences for principals was in some cases incorrect.
* Name-Marr tag. When a married name was created, name parts from the female’s primary name were being incorrectly added.
* Could not create Husb-Can tag type.
* Tag Entry. Adjustments were made to the double-click speed used to open a citation.
* Adding a non-primary father tag hid the existing primary father tag.
* Edits were lost when the memo field was edited after being expanded with F7.
* Exhibit Log. The view sorts by Caption or Description were reversed.
* A problem in the handling of female sentences was corrected.
* When you add a Son/Daughter/child tag, then use the Quick Add button to enter that child, the system will no longer ask you to identify the other parent.
* When you used the Tag Type button on the Tag Entry Screen of a Name Tag, the sentence became corrupted, by the additon of the terms [R=Principal] and/or [R=Witness].
* Tag Type List. The display of the GEDCOM export tag for name tag types was cleaned up.
* The leading zeroes date option for the Ahnentafel, Ahnentafel – Direct Line, Descendant Indented Chart, Descendant Indented Narrative, and Journal reports didn’t work.
* There was a problem with the List of Events output when the output contained the P1, the report was run, an event was edited and the P1 and P2 switched, and the LOE was run a second time.
* Fixed some problems using the Picklist from the report filter fill-in-the-blank screen.
* List of Citations report. The sureties option is now not selected by default when in Beginners mode.
* The ‘Use place styles’ option was not being used in the Family Group Sheet or Individual Detail reports.
* The Family Group Sheet and Individual Detail reports did not respect the style and insert a comma before the postal data.
* The List of People report ‘Witnessed’ filters were not giving correct returns for witnessed events.
* Narrative reports were missing a comma when split Detail fields were used.
* When creating a new VCF chart configuration, the preposition could reset to default.
* List of Events report. The flag column in the output was not showing the correct (P1) flag value.
* List of People report. Filter for custom Birth-Est tag gave incorrect returns.