Louis Kessler has released Behold version 0.97.9 alpha. Behold is a Windows genealogy application currently in development. You can read about the concepts behind Behold here. This version includes changes to Custom Events, the ability to add hyperlinks in certain areas, and better sort capabilities.
* Handle EVEN and FACT tags that include custom events and facts using their TYPE tag for the definition. Rarely found in Genealogy Programs
* Add hyperlinks to the filenames of objects (e.g. pictures, files, movies, etc.) to allow them to be opened with a single mouse click. Rarely found in Genealogy Programs
* Add hyperlinks to the URL tag (website addresses) to allow them to be viewed in your browser with a single mouse click. Rarely found in Genealogy Programs
* Add hyperlinks to the EMAIL tag (e-mail addresses) to allow a new e-mail message addressed to them to be opened in your mail reader with a single mouse click. Rarely found in Genealogy Programs
* Add a menu item (and toolbar option) to display or hide reference titles (e.g. for sources and citations) in the main section. Unique Feature – Only in Behold!
* Ensure that in GEDCOMs produced by Legacy, a space is not added between concatenated lines.
* Ensure that the internal tag naming scheme is working so that the assigned tag names can be picked up in all cases.
* Change Behold at startup so that default tags are always used and are not updated by user changes. To customize tags the way you want, save them into a Behold file and you can have as many different sets of tags as you want. Unique Feature – Only in Behold!
* Add about 30 new default tags.
* Change display of continuation lines so that lines after the first are not indented. This looks better.
* Handle CONT tags that immediately follow NOTEs as a special case so that the GEDCOM level number and tagname will not be printed. * Web: Change the Buy Now page so that it starts with the first checkout page, rather than the “store” page.
* Don’t print the Abbreviation if it is the same as the Title.
* Use the Abbreviation or the Title if they exist as the text line to identify a structure, instead of always using the first tag that follows the structure.
* List substructure and citation information on multiple lines to improve readability.
* Indentify substructures and citations by including the structure name with it.
* Merge unreferenced structures with referenced structures and now assign them the same structure prefix.
* Use a SmartAddressSort to better sort the street addresses in Places.
* Sort structures, using SmartSort, by their title/identifier. Unique Feature – Only in Behold!
* Add a final section to Everyone Else to include any Unconnected Individuals that may occur. These previously were not displayed anywhere. Unique Feature – Only in Behold!
* Ignore any “The ” at the beginning of a line when SmartSorting. Unique Feature – Only in Behold!
* Include only structures referenced when not choosing Everyone Else.
* Change it so that a full Auto Organize of new files input will turn both the Related Through Marriage and the Everyone Else buttons on so that everyone will be processed by default.
* The first line in a section of the Everything Report now has an extra indent on continuation lines to make them more distinct from new lines that follow.
* Replace the custom splitter in Main window and GEDCOMs window so that it can be adjusted more than once and leave no residue line.
* Ensure that info for a person and his descendants shows up when the person has parents with neither HUSB nor WIFE info. The parent info will be marked as: –not specified–
* Remove the extra space that was inadvertently added to the end of all names in Version 0.97.
* Prevent incorrect links that could happen when a link is encountered before its structure definition in the GEDCOM.
* Enable Forward and Back buttons to properly show long descriptions by limiting description length to 100 characters.
– Other Changes
* Web: Remove the Business License as a purchase option. Only personal licenses are now available.
* Web: Change the Buy Now page so that it starts with the first checkout page, rather than the “store” page.