Official Site: www.family-historian.co.uk/
Publisher: Calico Pie Limited (UK)
Type: Windows Genealogy Application
Latest Version: Version 3.1.2 (May 2007)
License/Cost: Commercial; Boxed and Download Versions ($56 USD) (for information on upgrades or multi-user licenses, please see this page
System Requirements: Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Vista. CD-ROM Drive. 20MB of hard drive space. (more information at family-historian.co.uk)
Forums: Family Historian User Group (FHUG), also see family-historian.co.uk – email lists/user groups
Generate Websites: Yes
Generate/Write CDs and/or DVDs: Yes
* “Diagrams are tightly integrated and used for browsing, exploring and editing – as well as for creating superb wall charts. Print diagrams at any scale or orientation. All diagrams are fully configurable and most options can be changed on-the-fly”.
* “Smart trees” to control chart layouts.
* Extensive support for pictures and multimedia
* “Powerful” merge/compare function
* “Installable Fact Sets” – Events/Attributes
* Unlimited notes and documents attached to individuals
Availability: UK, Australia, New Zealand, possibly US (through download)
Calico Pie Limited
7 Effingham Road
Support Page (familyhistoriansoftware.co.uk)
Family Historian is, we believe, unique in being 100% GEDCOM compatible, and 100% GEDCOM complete. â€˜100% GEDCOM compatible’ means that Family Historian can save all of its data to the GEDCOM format. â€˜100% GEDCOM complete’ means that Family Historian can load all records and fields from a GEDCOM file â€” including other applications’ extensions to GEDCOM.
For additional screenshots, visit www.family-historian.co.uk/tour/index.htm. The following screenshots are based on an older version (2.1)