GenealogyJ (GenJ) v2.4.2 has been released, and is a “major release” with new features and improved usability/UI. GenealogyJ is a viewer and editor for genealogic data, suitable for hobbyist, family historian and genealogy researcher. GenJ supports the Gedcom standard, is written in Java and offers many views like family tree, table, timeline, geography and more. It can be downloaded here.
– Appropriate surnames generated automatically
– Double Click is a recognized gesture
– GeoView – mapping events geographically
– EditView/Basic Mode improved speed and usability
– gedcom: support for preserving unknown entities on read/write